Tax Form Preparation Assistance
AARP Free Tax Help at the Library
AARP tax assistance volunteers prepare taxes for free each year from February-April 15. There are no age or yearly income qualifications to participate in this program.
- 2023 - AARP tax assistance has ended for this year.
- Once you have an appointment:
Other AARP Tax Assistance Sites
Visit the AARP site locator to find other locations offering AARP tax assistance.
Online AARP Assistance
Visit the AARP online tax preparation service to schedule assistance filing taxes online. The scheduling option is available only during the tax filing season.
OSU VITA Service
The OSU School of Accounting partners with the IRS through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to provide free tax prep for individuals and families with an income of $60,000 or below.
- 2023 - VITA tax assistance has ended for this year
- Required documents to bring to your appointment
- Contact Julie Ward for more information
Available at the Library
The library receives limited Federal forms and instructions. The State does not send forms or instructions to the library.
- 1040 form (in stock)
- 1040 instruction (in stock)
- 1040 form and instruction in Spanish (in stock)
- 1040 SR (out of stock)
Printing Forms & Instructions at the Library
Print forms and instructions from a library computer or ask a librarian to print them for 10 cents per page.
Getting Federal Items
All tax products, except those in duplicate and triplicate are available to print online at the IRS website. You can also request copies to be sent via mail using the online form or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).
Getting State Items
You can request hard copies of Oklahoma tax forms by calling (405) 521-3165 or 1-800-522-8165. Online forms, including those from previous years, can be accessed at oklahoma.gov/tax/forms.html.
- 2022 Oklahoma Resident Individual Packet
- 2022 Individual Packet for Non-Residents and Part-Year Residents
Getting Business Tax Forms
The IRS no longer provides the library with employment-related forms such as W-2, 1099-MISC, or 1096. You may call 1-800-829-3676 to request copies or order online. Forms accessible online are not eligible for printing for use.
IRS VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
Individuals who made $73,000 or less adjusted gross income can file for free online using a link via the library’s website using IRS VITA through OnLine Taxes (OLT). This online service:
- Allows you to create an account to track your return
- Provides easy Q&A guidance to fill out your 1040 form
- Does not have age restrictions
- Provides e-file services for both federal and Oklahoma returns
- Supports form 1040NR (Non-Resident)
- Supports Earned Income Tax Credit
- Allows you to view and print tax returns
Othe Online Services
Several tax preparation sites offer free online filing for households that qualify. Some of the services also offer free filing for state returns. The IRS has listings of free file options. Please carefully read the qualifications to determine which site offers the services you need.
Oklahoma Tax Commission
www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/State-Links-1 - provides links to each state's taxing agency. Use the links to find online state tax forms
taxtopics.net - links to some of the most helpful web pages and explanations on a wide array of tax topics.