Used Book Sales
The Friends of the Library host two used book sales each year, a spring sale in April and a fall sale in September. The Friends also maintain a year-round sale in the main library next to the checkout desk. Friends of the Library memberships support the library and give you access to the Members Only Preview days at the book sale. All funds from the book sales and Friends memberships help support the library. Visit the Friends page to learn more.
The Friends accept donations for the used book sales all year. Items can be placed on carts in the library's lobbies. Anyone planning to make a large donation of items (30 boxes or more) should contact the Help Desk in advance so we can connect you with a Friends member. Please note that there are some items that the Friends do not accept, including:
- Old magazines (more than one-year-old)
Members Only Preview
Thursday, September 14, 5-8 p.m.
- $10 at the door except for lifetime and 2023 paid Friends of the Library members
- Buyers at the preview sale are limited to 100 items, including 50 children's books
Open to the General Public
Friday, September 15, 12-8 p.m. & Saturday, September 16, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The sale opens to the public
- No membership is required to enter
$1 Bag Sale
Sunday, September 17, 1:30-4 p.m.
- Fill a bag with books for $1
- Bags are provided
- No limit to the number of bags you can purchase
Prices & Payment
- $1.00: Hardbacks
- $0.50: Paperbacks, DVDs, VHS tapes, Vinyl records, music CDs
- $0.25: Children's books
- No sales tax is charged on purchases
- The Friends of the Library accept only cash or checks (payable to FOL)
Rules of Conduct
- All book sale attendees must be respectful of others
- No pushing, shoving, taking books from others, etc.
- Anyone not conducting themselves accordingly will be asked to leave
A limited number of hardbacks, paperbacks, CD Books, music CDs, and DVDs are available to purchase all year. The Friends of the Library's shelf with items for purchase is located across from the checkout desk. Pay for year-round sale items at the checkout desk with cash or checks only.
Prices & Payment
- Adult hardbacks, DVDs, music CDs, CD books - $2
- Adult paperbacks - $1
- Children's and young adult books - $0.50
The spring used book sale usually occurs during the third or fourth Thursday through Sunday in April. Dates will be posted here as soon as they are announced.