Rural Fire Service
Living in the rural areas surrounding Stillwater offers tranquility and a unique lifestyle. However, it also brings certain challenges, particularly in managing fire emergencies. Our service is designed to mitigate these risks affordably and efficiently.
For an annual fee of $100, Stillwater's Rural Fire Service provides fire emergency assistance. This service ensures that in the event of a fire, your service fee will not exceed $2,000 for each incident. This is significantly lower than the potential costs incurred without coverage.
- Financial Assurance: Fixed maximum cost for fire emergencies.
- Simplicity in Enrollment: Easy online application or paper form available.
- Continuity of Service: Contracts are transferable to new property owners.
- Comprehensive Coverage: One contract is sufficient even for properties divided by roads.
Join the Stillwater community in a proactive step towards comprehensive fire safety. The Rural Fire Service is more than just an emergency response; it's a commitment to maintaining your rural lifestyle with assurance and confidence. Enroll today and secure the future of your home and finances against fire emergencies.
Explore our FAQ section or reach out to us for further assistance. Finally, see the rural fire coverage area map at the bottom of the page.
- How much does rural fire service cost?
$100 per Calendar Year.
- Is the fee prorated?
No. The contract runs January 1 to December 31.
- Will I be reminded to renew my contract each year?
Yes, renewals will be mailed out at the beginning of December.
- How many contracts do I need if a road or intersection splits my property?
One. Property is contiguous or adjacent parcel of land held under a common ownership or leasehold.
- What is the benefit of having rural fire service?
Fees will not exceed $2,000 in the event of a fire response. Without the rural fire service, fees can exceed $2,000 in the event of a fire response.
- How do I sign up?
Fill out the rural fire service contract and pay the associated fee. To pay by check, return the completed contract to the fire department administration office at 1510 S Main. To pay with cash, return the completed contract to city hall at 723 S Lewis.
- Is the contract transferable to successor property owners or lessees?
- How do I determine if my property is within the response area?
Contact the Stillwater Fire Department Administration Office at (405) 742-8308.