Rural Fire Service
The Stillwater Fire Department (SFD) provides fire service to all of Payne County and parts of Noble, Pawnee and Lincoln counties with a combined population of approximately 82,000.
The City of Stillwater Rural Fire Service Contract allows property owners or rural residents situated within ten miles from a Stillwater fire station and not within the coverage area of another fire department to apply for contract/application.
We encourage those outside the Stillwater city limits to evaluate your current insurance coverage and consider participating in the Rural Fire Service Program to ensure you are adequately protected in the event of an unforeseen emergency.
- The annual fee for the Rural Fire Service Program is $100.
- If you have a City of Stillwater Rural Fire Service Contract, the maximum fee you would be charged for an emergency incident is $2,000 per incident. Otherwise, you could be charged actual emergency response costs for Stillwater Fire Department responses to an emergency at your property.
- Current history indicates that a small structure fire can quickly exceed $2,000 in cost.
- How much does rural fire service cost?
$100 per Calendar Year.
- Is the fee prorated?
No. The contract runs January 1 to December 31.
- Will I be reminded to renew my contract each year?
Yes, renewals will be mailed out at the beginning of December.
- How many contracts do I need if a road or intersection splits my property?
One. Property is contiguous or adjacent parcel of land held under a common ownership or leasehold.
- What is the benefit of having rural fire service?
Fees will not exceed $2,000 in the event of a fire response. Without the rural fire service, fees can exceed $2,000 in the event of a fire response.
- How do I sign up?
Fill out the rural fire service contract and pay the associated fee. To pay by check, return the completed contract to the fire department administration office at 1510 S Main. To pay with cash, return the completed contract to city hall at 723 S Lewis.
- Is the contract transferable to successor property owners or lessees?
- How do I determine if my property is within the response area?
Contact the Stillwater Fire Department Administration Office at (405) 742-8308.